Contact Us

Planning a Visit? This FAQ may answer your questions

Where is the Shepardson Building?

Check out this campus map. The Shepardson building is directly south of the Oval on the corner of University Ave and East Dr.

Do I need a parking permit to park on campus?

Yes! You will need a visitor parking permit to park on campus. Your can obtain a visitor parking permit from Parking Services. The Annual Flower Trial Garden & the Horticulture Research Farm do not require passes.

Can I Park Anywhere with a pass?

No! Your visitor parking permit allows you to park in A, Q, W, X or Z lots. Hang your parking permit on windshield mirror after you have scratched off the correct date. Permits do not allow you to park at meters, or loading zones. If you do not have a visitor permit you may park and pay in a metered space.

How long will it take to find a parking place?

Depends on how lucky you are. You should plan to allow ample time to find a place to park and walk to the Shepardson or NESB Building. There are permit lots (#440, 445, 455) and a metered lot (#349)  fairly close to our buildings, however finding a space may be difficult after 9 a.m. We recommend at least 10min from the time you expect to arrive on campus.

Where is the Annual Flower Trial Garden?

Our very popular Annual Flower Trial Garden is located on Remington Street one block east of College Ave. The garden is open to the public and visited by thousands of fans throughout the growing season.

Where is the Hort Farm?

Actually, many folks would probably ask, what is the Hort Farm?  The Hort Farm is located northeast of Fort Collins just off I-25 at the Mountain Vista exit.  The Budweiser plant is just across the highway and easy to spot for several miles.

It\’s bad weather outside, how I can find out if an event is cancelled?

Give us a call at 970-491-7019

Driving Directions from Interstate 25

I-25 to Prospect Rd (Exit 268). West four miles to College Ave. Turn right, and quickly move into the left lane. Turn left at Pitkin St (first traffic light). West, across railroad tracks. Turn right at Mason St. North to stop sign at University Ave, then either:

  • Turn right, back across railroad tracks, and right again to park in lot #440 (meters and Z)
  • Turn left, and left again on East Dr (stop sign), one block to park in lot #445 (A)

Visitor parking permits allow you to park in A, Q, W, X or Z lots. Hang parking permit on windshield mirror after you have scratched off the correct date.

Printable directions along with a campus map

Welcome from the Administrative Staff


We would be delighted to assist you. Please see our Administrative Staff page for more information about our roles in the department.

We will do our best to help you get in touch with faculty and other staff in the department, but you may want to email or call faculty directly as we do not keep their appointments or schedules in the main office.


Danielle, Kathi, and Tracy


Feel free to print a campus map with directions to our office!

Reach us by phone


Reach us by email

We actually still have a fax machine!


Our mailing address is:

Colorado State University
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Campus Delivery 1173
Fort Collins CO 80523-1173

Our physical address is:

Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
301 W University Ave
Shepardson Building, Room 111

Colorado State University Campus in Fort Collins, Colorado

Contact CSU Equal Opportunity Privacy Statement Disclaimer

2018 Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 USA